Friday, August 12, 2011

Foodtastic Friday

A few weeks back I bought a steam in bag package of Brussels sprouts at Trader Joe's. Yes you read that correctly. Brussels sprouts. I must have lost my mind for a moment. Or ten. But the husband said he likes them and I only don't like them because they're gross. Oh and I've never tried them before. Why? Well, because they're gross.

Anyhow, they sat in the fridge for a while and I finally thought, 'I better cook those before I have to throw them out.' Totally forgetting that I was going to cook them only to throw them out. You know, because they're gross.

So I scoured the Internet for three minutes--exactly. I timed it. And came up with a non-oven roasted, non-boiled method. It was waaay to hot for the oven and I was pretty sure boiling them would only turn them into mushy grossness. I very loosely followed this recipe. I forgot the cheese and I'm certain I used WAY more olive oil.

The result
They were so dang good!!!! Totally not gross. Totally delicious. And full of healthy goodness. I ate them with my bare fingers. And I may or may not have eaten them straight out of the hot pan. With my bare fingers.

I have now officially changed my stance on Brussels sprouts. They are no longer gross. Unless, maybe they're boiled. Mushy veggies = gross.

Try them!


No comments:

Post a Comment