Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekend wrap up!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA! You're looking pretty dang good for 235 years old!

My husband told me the other day, which was a Wednesday by the way, that 1 in 4 AMERICANS don't know whom we obtained our independence from or when! How disgusting is that!?!? In case you're the one in four, which I'm certain you're not--but just in case. We obtained our independence from England in 1776.

Any how, are you over my alliterations yet? I can't decide if I am or not. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

On Thursday we had no plans for the weekend. None. We were planning on enjoying a long quiet weekend. Well, ok, we knew that Friday evening we were watching our friends kids and that we were having them back over, plus the parents, on the 4th to grill. But that was it. We were having a low key weekend.

Enter Saturday. We ended up going to a last minute birthday party. I know this sounds crazy to all you non-military families but this couple are both active duty and have nutso schedules. While the unplanned party isn't common its not terribly unusual, its just part of military life. Anyhow, we were able to make it. And let me tell you...yumm! Cake and ice cream and a pinata. My son still doesn't know that candy is an uber coveted treat so he still shares with his Sweet Mommy. By the way, thats what he sometimes (ok rarely, but still) calls me now. Yes my kid is better than yours. Fine, maybe not. But hes definitely sweeter!

And better.

The boy and I 'shared' a piece of cake and one scoop of ice cream. Which I happily saw was a lower fat version. But lets just be real. Sharing cake and ice cream with your kid means you eat more than half and they get a couple of bites here and there. And inside the pinata were Tootsie Rolls. The long skinny ones and the flavored ones. (Yes I do realize how inappropriate that sounds if it were to be taken out of context. Shame on you for taking all of our minds there!) I ate five. Yummmmmmmy! But soon after having cake, ice cream and Tootsie Rolls I could feel it. And not in the 'Oh no my WW points are totally screwed' way--even though they were-- but in the 'Despite my love for Hersheys I really don't eat like this anymore and I'm pretty sure that cake was made with either real or synthetic (mass produced) eggs and butter.'

If you don't eat veggie--or maybe if you're just not me?-- let me tell you what that means. Farts. Smelly, tuba sounding farts. It also means its time to g-o! (If you happen to eat veggie and this doesn't happen to you I don't want to hear about it. I like to believe that my insides are so clean and efficient that any deviation from my no meat, no egg, no milk diet equals gastric unrest. Don't squash my dreams!) But the boy had fun!

--sorry my voice is so loud in the video--

I wrapped up the night with a giant 0 WW points salad. Delish! I love 'free' food. Especially when I've already blown my numbers!

Sunday came and its was fantastic. The boy and I started the morning off with church and a trip to the Farmers Market. We love the Farmers Market. When I asked my little man if he wanted to get some veggies he said, 'Veggies are duh-wishis.' (See I told you he was better! ;) ) He melts my heart. We shopped for our veggies and then played at the park and ate kettle corn. Yum! Unfortunately for us the husband was missing this morning, working on being awake for 28 hours after being called in to work the night before. Can we say boo employer?

The afternoon came to me with wine, food--edamame, veggie flat bread pizza and creme brulee-- and time with a couple of my favorite ladies. Speaking of favorite ladies, if you're a lady in my life you can rest assured you fall into the category of 'favorite'. I'm not big on lukewarm relationships. I like you or I don't and if I do its because I can tell you're going to become a favorite. Or at very least I really like you ;)

Hug your families and enjoy Americas birthday! She sure is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment